Sunday, December 7, 2008

Deck the Halls!

Between last weekend and this weekend we decorated our house for Christmas. This is no small task when you have a 7-month old who needs to be fed and entertained in the midst of decorating. Luckily, we did most of the decorating last weekend while my parents were town in for Thanksgiving. The extra hands kept Joseph busy and made decorating go faster.

Joseph has his own little tree in his nursery. Growing up I always had a tree in my bedroom. My mom was sort of a Christmas decoration freak and there were several years when we had a tree in every room of the house, including mini-trees in the bathroom. I guess I inherited those tendencies because I couldn't imagine Joseph NOT having a tree. A few months ago I had come across these really cute natural animal ornaments. I had the idea of doing an animal tree for Joseph and bought a giraffe. I really wanted to buy a bunch of these ornaments, but they were a little pricey. After we put his tree up and his giraffe was put on, I decided it was just too cute and I had to have more. Luckily, my mom found the ornaments online at almost 1/2 the cost I had seen them in-store for and got Joseph an early Christmas present. So here are pictures of Joseph's little animal tree.


In these pictures you can see his giraffe, hedgehog, squirrel, raccoon, kangaroo, mouse and elephant. He also has a moose, reindeer, lion, coyote, bear and a zebra.
Here are some pictures of the rest of our decorations, although not nearly as cute as Joseph's tree.

Our formal living room/dining room:


Our den:

On our tree, Joseph has a very special Baby's 1st Christmas ornament. I collect Christopher Radko ornaments, so of course, his first ornament is a Radko as well.

The outside of our house is also decked out but due to my fear of crazy internet stalkers, sadly, there will be no pictures of the outside of our house for the world to see.

2 comments:

Erin said...

cute!

i love the idea of a tree in joseph's room. though you'll have to tell me what you do next year when he is fully mobile.

Crystal said...

Hmmmm...we haven't really figured this one out either. Although his animal ornaments are pretty harmless. I have a feeling by Christmas next year, he'll be able to climb out his crib to get to the tree.