Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tag - I'm it!

My friend Mandie "tagged" me in a game of photo tag on her blog. So I had to go back and find the 4th photo in the 4th file on my computer. Well, the 4th folder in my alphabetized "Pictures" file, is a very non-interesting folder titled "Baby Stuff" and this is the very non-interesting 4th picture.


A picture of some baby bedding I got from someplace online when I was gathering ideas for Joseph's nursery. Why I haven't deleted this file yet, I don't know.


So I feel like I still have to post something interesting. My 5th folder is titled "Belly Shots" and has pictures of slightly more interest. The 4th picture in this folder seemed appropriate. It's my 22 week belly shot taken the week of Christmas last year. I had just started to look pregnant and had just graduated from wearing bella bands with unzipped pants to actual maternity pants.


We were at my parents house in Vermont and my mom made me pose for the picture. I think this was the day after I had arrived when my mom came running up to me at the airport to touch my belly. This was caught by the news team there to do a story about people travelling for the holidays and we were then asked to do an interview.


It is sort of amazing how things change in a year. The week before Christmas was a time of mixed emotions for me last year. I was so happy to have a healthy baby on the way, but I was terribly sad for the baby I had lost (whose due date was just before Christmas). I was still super anxious for the baby I was carrying and hadn't yet let myself believe that I was going to actually be a Mommy in April. Well, it all turned out perfectly and now I have this lively, wild little man rolling all over our floors, making messes and lots of noise and filling our lives with joy.


So, I guess I need to tag someone now.....Erin and the Toddster, you're it!!!

4 comments:

mandie lane said...

I'm glad you went for another photo, the second one was MUCH more interesting! :) Hard to believe that was just one year ago. What a wonderful year we have both had!

Richard said...

I was hopping for a far more interesting picture...say from her 21st birthday...but that apparently wasn't in any folders. Maybe I'll have to blog about Crystal before she became a mommy. Let's vote, who thinks that's a good idea?

Crystal said...

Well, since you weren't even there on my 21st birthday, you can't really have anything to say. Unless Erin or Carey write about it...you are out of luck! And if I remember correctly, Erin was so wasted, I had to keep some guy from buying her a drink so she wouldn't drink any more (haha - Erin knows what I am talking about!)

Erin said...

oh, i remember that night ... far better than crystal does, i am sure. mostly i remember being scared for our lives because as we, two small, helpless women, walked from the Tombs to our place in Burleith at like 2 a.m., she kept yelling, "I'm so drunk!!! I'm so drunk!!!" i was convinced we were going to get mugged.

anyway, love the preggo picture, and i will fulfill my "it" duties soon.