Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hey, good looking...

It's a very well established and fairly indisputable fact that Joseph favors me in the looks department. Particularly as an infant our baby pictures were nearly identical (if you could overlook the 1980's picture quality). Two posts from Joseph's early days clearly displayed our similarities: four months old & eight months old comparisons.


Richard could easily have denied that kid for the first 12 months of his life. Although no one who actually knows Richard and has spent more than, say, 5 minutes around Joseph would have any doubt that that kid is his. Personalities = identical. Plus, Joseph has started to become more of a mix of the two of us in his toddler years.


Conrad, on the other hand, has been more of a mix from day one. Sometimes I look at him and see myself staring back, but most of the time I see a whole lot of Richard. He's got a longer, thinner face and smaller eyes like Richard (compared to Joseph's and my rounder, fuller face and GINORMOUS eyes). I thought these pictures of Conrad and Richard showed off the similarities pretty well:

Rich (6-ish months)


Conrad - almost 6 months


Yeah, Rich can't really deny this one.

It's funny though, because I have so many people tell me how much Conrad and Joseph look alike. I definitely see the resemblance, particularly when Conrad smiles - they both have my smile and dimples- but I don't think they look "exactly alike". A picture of both Joseph and Conrad at 5 1/2-ish months for comparison:

Joseph:

Conrad:

Hmmm...I don't know? Not that it really matters who they look like because Rich and I are both so damn good looking, these kids are set either way....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by your blog for the first time and wanted to leave a quick note to let you know that I was here.

Hope to see you stop by mine sometime =)