Saturday, September 20, 2008

Mini-me

About 2 minutes after Joseph was born and was laid on my chest, I thought to myself "he has my nose". At the time his little face was so squished and red from the birthing process, that I couldn't really discern any other resemblance to either Rich or I. However, within the next 48 hours we quickly came to realize that this little guy was all Mommy (with the exception of his chin and ears - which are 100% Daddy). As time goes on he looks more and more like me. Having stared at my own baby pictures growing up, there are times I look at him and see myself smiling back. My parents agree. Strangers have even commented on the resemblance.

Despite the obvious similarities, I could never really get a good picture to compare and contrast with my own baby pictures....until last week. We were at the beach and I got a picture of my mom holding him when he was smiling and it reminded us both of a similar picture of me at 4 months. Both pictures are below...what do you think??


Crystal at 4 months (August 1981)



Joseph at 4 months (Septmeber 2008)

He may look like me but he has Daddy's personality. He is full of energy and nothing holds his attention for long...and he knows what he wants, when he wants it...and never takes no for an answer! I guess he got the best of both of us.

1 comment:

Erin said...

wow! it was obvious he looked like you but i hadn't really seen your baby pictures ... spitting image!

my joseph is a pretty good mix, but there were still times especially when he was younger and looked more like me when he'd make a face and i'd swear it was me staring right back at me. totally weird.