Friday, October 30, 2009

And more trouble....

Yes, this little rascal creates plenty of trouble around here....

but in 5-ish months, he'll have a partner in crime.

That little munchkin pictured above is in fact another boy - another baby with a Y chromosome (or as Rich keeps saying another stem on the apple). I think we have pretty much concluded this blog will be renamed "Double Trouble" once baby boy #2 makes his grand debut in March.

While Joseph clearly doesn't understand the concept of a sibling, let alone the difference between a brother or sister, we are pretty sure if he could comprehend and declare his preference, he would be pretty psyched he's getting a little brother rather than a little sister. I don't see tea parties and baby dolls in his future. However, a buddy for playing cops and robbers with and jumping in mud puddles...that is more Joseph's style.

If our photo sessions for our gender announcement pictures were any clue, we should have realized another boy was in our future.

We needed 2 takes to get a decent photo of the baby brother photo...

Baby sister....hmmmm, Joseph pretty much refused to cooperate (giving him an old cell phone was the only way we got even a few pictures without him screaming).

Pushing the teddy bear off the rocker:
Trying to take out the balloon:

A change of location only furthered Joseph's frustration:

Clearly, Joseph wasn't prepared to welcome a baby sister into his life.

I'll be honest - I was pretty shocked when the ultrasound tech announced we were having another boy. I was 99% sure there was a little girl in there. I think it took a few days for the idea to fully set in - 2 boys!!! We are pretty excited to see how our two little guys to interact - will they have the same interests or be completely different (I have to say I would like them to be similar enough to be best buds but different enough that baby boy #2 ends up being slightly calmer than his big brother)?

I was out shopping for ideas for Joseph's new bedroom today and came across this oil painting. It honestly brought tears to my eyes - two little brothers.

I am still working on the purchase of it (Rich liked it - not such a fan of the price tag).

3 comments:

Erin said...

hah! you definitely should have considered that a sign. they are going to be such good buddies.

Theresa said...

Two little brothers...best buddies...whatever Joseph doesn't think of, Conrad will....two little boys to pick flowers for mommy and help daddy mow the lawn. What a blessing.....I am so excited for the arrival of our second grandson....watching those two little boys grow up will be the joy of my life.

Rodney R. Conrad said...

Help daddy mow the lawn - damn those boys will be taking the engine off the lawn mower, stealing the wheels from Ms. Kay's car and building a go kart to terrorize the neighborhood.

"I didn't do it Conrad did"
"I didn't do it Joseph did"

Good luck - what they don't think of Grandpa will help them, throw in Uncle Jeff and their father and you got more than double trouble.

All joking aside - it is going to be lots of fun having two grandsons.

I know this when they say Grandpa watch this - I will stop and watch - I will either have a proud smile on my face or be on the way to the emergency room.