Sunday, March 14, 2010

Here's one last post...

before I have a baby!!!

So it looks like tomorrow is the day. On Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, I was starting to think I wouldn't make it that far, but as quick as my contractions came, they went. So unless sometime in the next 11 hours, I go into labor, I'll be headed to the hospital at 7 am tomorrow for induction.

I am not sure if the full reality that I am having a baby tomorrow has hit me. The bag is packed, the nursery is ready, in addition to the mounds of plastic toddler toys there are the plastic newborn essentials of a swing and bouncy seat overtaking our den. However, I have not fully wrapped my head around the idea that I will have a second child this time tomorrow. There have been a few times today when it hit me...when Rich and I drove past the hospital or as I was putting Joseph to bed and told him he'd be a big brother tomorrow...and I would tear up thinking about what an amazing moment it's going to be to meet my second baby boy tomorrow.

So tonight will likely be a restless night of sleep...a mix of anxiety and excitement. Anxious that my labor and delivery will go smoothly, that our baby boy will arrive perfectly healthy, excited to see what he looks like and excited to see Joseph's reaction when he meets him. We can't wait to share our joy and excitement with you tomorrow!

No comments: