Monday, March 22, 2010

Look-a-likes

My boys definitely look similar. My first reaction when I saw Conrad for the first time was "He looks like Joseph". Over the next couple days in the hospital, we actually started to think he didn't look as much like Joseph as we initially thought. He seemed to favor Rich a little more, while Joseph was a mini-me from the beginning. However, the last few days, Conrad has started looking identical to Joseph's baby pics. I posted some pictures of Conrad to Facebook while Rich was napping and when he saw them, he had to ask me if they were Conrad or old pics of Joseph. Here are some comparison shots.

Joseph:
Conrad:
Joseph:
Conrad:
Joseph:
Conrad:
They definitely have their differences. Conrad clearly has my turned-up nose, while Joseph does not and Conrad was not blessed with Joseph's mile long eyelashes. Conrad has "Nana lips" which is a dominant trait passed from Rich's grandmother of a lower lip so thin, it's barely visible. Joseph has full lips. They both have Rich's pointy chin and quirky ears (Rich has these little nubs on each of his ears that both boys also clearly have) but my darker coloring.
I can't wait to watch these two grow up together and discover how much they will resemble each other and how similar or different their personalities are going to be!

3 comments:

mandie lane said...

Wow!! They look SO much alike!

Erin said...

see, i think the nose makes a big difference. there are definitely similarities but when i saw the first pictures of conrad i thought about the baby pictures i'd seen of joseph (mostly that one on the top) and thought they were different.

Erin said...

p.s. cute new blog look.