Sunday, March 7, 2010

Stinky Feet

You probably thought the title of this post was some clever name for something not actually related to feet. Nope, it's really about stinky feet. That's because Joseph's feet stink. They have since the beginning. I think most people would think I am crazy but both my mom and Richard can verify this. If Joseph was in socks or footed PJs for any length of time, even as a newborn, his feet would stink. It's gotten worse since he started walking and wearing shoes.

These days the kid loves his dinosaur Vans (a gift from Uncle Jeff) but they've been worn so much, there is some serious odor going on. If he's been wearing them and I take them off, I literally have to put a blanket over his feet when I am sitting next to him. If I leave the shoes out and walk by, I can smell them.

Joseph thinks his funny. We tell him "Your feet stink!" and he laughs. We think he kind of likes the way he smells. Hence, the reason why he often smells his own feet after we take his shoes off. It looks something like this:

Add this is reason #4592 that Joseph is just like his father. First, his feet stink...and anyone who has been around Rich for more than 24 hours, knows where this trait has been inherited from. I used to make Rich go wash his feet when he took off his shoes in my apartment at college. He blames it on years of competitive running. I blame it on genetics. Second, Rich takes a weird pleasure in his foot odor. He seems rather proud of it and frequently exclaims "Wow, my dogs are barking tonight!" when he takes his shoes off after work. I refuse to touch his socks. I'll spare you any further details as some of you may have just finished eating....

2 comments:

Erin said...

i'm always amazed at how bad joseph can smell after a few hours at the park. but i don't think he's got the stinky feet issue so much.

Theresa said...

OK..."stinky" feet really doesn't even begin to describe those little piggies.....and I can truly attest that those dogs were barking even when he was only 4 months old!!! I can also attest to the fact that Rich's dogs do ALOT of barking, but so do Dad's so I have a feeling that Joseph may have inherited those stinky piggies from both the Hills and the Conrads......poor kid!