Monday, March 8, 2010

March 15th!

Until today if someone said "March 15th" to mean, I would immediately think "Public company 10-K Filing Deadline!!!" I know for most of you, I just spoke Chinese but as a CPA in audit, March 15th meant my client's deadline for their annual financial statement filings. It meant a long week of 80+ hours at work, working Saturday and Sunday, eating lunch and dinner at my desk, thinking about work so much that I would literally dream about accounting rules and regulations at night.

Well, it looks like March 15th is about to be totally re-defined. Conrad's induction is scheduled for next Monday, the 15th! We had an ultrasound today to make sure the fluid levels looked ok (they did!) and get an estimated weight (7 lbs 3 oz). Conrad is in the 50th percentile for his gestational age and looked great! We saw a 3-D image of his face and although he wasn't being very cooperative (he wanted his hands over his face), he did get one little peak at his sweet little face. His nose looked like Joseph's! We could only pick up some fuzz on the top of his head so he may not have the full head of dark hair Joseph had. We are thinking fuzz may equal blond????

I am very progressed. I will save you the details on the status of my cervix....but today at 38 weeks, I was as progressed as I was when I was induced with Joseph at 40 1/2 weeks. Based on my previous induction history, my doctor thinks I'll be holding Conrad by mid-afternoon on Monday. We promise to keep everyone updated once he is here!!!!

The only catch to this whole plan is that the doctor delivering (who happens to be one of my favorites) is a Syracuse grad (i.e Georgetown's big rival) and the Big East tournament is scheduled for this weekend. Georgetown is scheduled to play Syracuse in the quarter-final and some trash talking went down at the appointment today. I stayed out of it, but since it's not Rich being poked and prodded by this man, he didn't seem to mind talking crap while my doctor examined me. Someone is going to have to eat their words on Monday morning...let's hope it's the doctor!

I know the next week will go by quickly but I am so anxious and excited to meet this little man and welcome him to our family.

4 comments:

Todd said...

i'm so excited for you! exactly a month younger than my girl. it would be funny if you went into labor before then ...

Todd said...

oops, that was erin, writing from todd's computer...

mandie lane said...

So excited for you. I can't wait to see what Conrad looks like!

And I expect an email full of details about your cervix. Because that's what BIFFs are for. ;)

Theresa said...

Dad and I just cannot wait for Conrad to arrive. Just can't wait to see his sweet little face and see what Joseph thinks of his little buddy!!!! We love you!