Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Update to Prayers Needed

A few days ago I asked everyone for prayers for a Nest friend and her husband who were preparing to meet their son who would likely not survive after birth. Their sweet son, Isaac Timothy, was born yesterday and lived 16 minutes before becoming an angel. Details are on her blog (link below in the post from October 6th). She has posted a picture and I think he is beautiful beyond words. I am so happy that they had those sixteen minutes with him.

I do not know this family well, but I have cried many tears for them over the last two days. Every time I think of them, I run to Joseph and smother him with kisses. More than once as I have been holding him or rocking him yesterday and today, tears have fallen down my face and I have held him a little closer (sometimes a lot closer - so much that he squirms to get away from me). I am so grateful for my beautiful and perfectly healthy son. I could never ask for anything more.

Please continue to pray for this family in the days ahead. And if you should think of them and their story weeks or months from now, please remember to say a prayer then too.

2 comments:

deputybeany said...

It seems that I have been doing a lot of praying lately so I'll add you friends to my list. I can't imagine the hurt and sorrow that they must feel. As always, I love you, Richard and Joseph very much. Stay well. Aunt Katherine

Harmony said...

Oh my God, I have been crying all night over this. I am so, so thankful for Aidan, I can't imagine what they are going through right now.