Sunday, October 19, 2008

Trip to Kentucky - Part 2

As I mentioned in the previous post, on Friday night, we attended Rich's cousin Lauren's wedding. If you know Lauren and that part of Rich's family, you would have known it was going to be a FUN wedding. We had heard they had brought in a fantastic band from Nashville so we were prepared to be out on the dance floor most of the night. Rich and I are pretty shameless dancers. Neither one of us are very good dancers...but neither one of us care...especially if a few alcoholic beverages are consumed. We drove to the wedding with Rich's sister, Kipling, and we got Rich to practice some of his dance moves for the camera. The best part is when Rich calls his sister and I "biotches". Please note that there was no alcohol involved at this point.

(To get the full effect of the video, you need to turn on the sound - make sure you pause our playlist below so you can hear it!)



The goofiness continued at the church. Kipling got the whole family to put on her sunglasses and took pictures of us all. The best one was my father-in-law. When we showed this picture to Rich's grandmother (my father-in-laws mom), who is a staunch Catholic, she was not happy to see her son goofing around in church.

The wedding was gorgeous and the bride looked beautiful. Here is her walking down the aisle!


The reception was held in a large tent on the lawn of a historic mansion in Kentucky. It was decorated beautifully. Here is the new couple dancing their first dance.

We snagged a picture of Rich with his cousin.

Rich's grandparents live right near the reception site and we hijacked their golf cart to go back and forth. There was definitely drunk golf cart driving going on that night. Can you get a DWI for that? Rich's parents got yelled at by some old cranky neighbor for driving on his lawn.

By the time the dinner was over, things started getting messy quickly and Rich's dancing started. When we noticed Rich's Nana was starting to fall asleep at the table, he took the opportunity to bust some moves right behind her. She had no idea...(sorry the pic is a little blurry).
Here are some more pics of Rich's dance moves.



And best of all, a video!!! This video includes classic moves like "The Sprinkler", but also moves Rich invented such as the "Cocaine Snort" and "The Stroke". (The video starts out sideways but I turned the camera the right way a few seconds in!).

There is video of me dancing as well but since I control the blog, it will not be posted. Rich either does not know how to or does not care to post, so I think I am safe.

By the end of the evening, every time I took a picture, everyone would be like "Is that going to be on your blog?"

Unfortunately, both my camera and Kipling's camera battery died during the wedding, but I wish we had some video of the ride home. Kipling, the sober one, had a fun time driving two drunk idiots back to Louisville for 45 minutes. I know the ride involved me insisting a mailbox was a pillar and not a mailbox, me spilling Coke all over myself, Rich falling asleep only to have me stick my feet in his face from the backseat to wake him up. It was awesome!!! Rich and enjoyed an adult evening out while Joseph was well cared for by a very competent babysitter.

Part 3 coming up tomorrow - pictures of the wedding brunch with the extended family on Saturday!

No comments: