Monday, October 13, 2008

We got a makeover!

If you are reading this, you have noticed my blog got a makeover! With the help of Rich, we actually made it pretty. I added the background...which has a very pretty bow. This is not a surprising selection for me. As anyone knows who was involved with my wedding planning, everything had to have a bow. Our invitations, the programs, the dinner menus for the table, the flower arrangements, the chair covers, the favors...EVERYTHING had to have a bow. At the end of planning, we would walk into a store to select something and Rich would be like "Can you just show us the options with bows, please?". I sort of re-visited my bow obsession with all my baby purchases as well. Did anyone notice the very pretty bow on the birth announcements? Be on the look out for our Christmas cards this year - they have an excellent bow!

Rich crafted the photo collage at the top of the page. These are some of our favorite photos of our happy little boy. Doesn't everything look better in sepia or black and white too? Rich also added the play list at the bottom. I selected the songs, but he did all the work to actually get it on the page. The songs we selected all have a reason for its inclusion on our blog.

Beautiful Boy by John Lennon - I think this is self explanatory, especially if you listen to the lyrics.

Lullaby by Billy Joel - I LOVE this song. I remember hearing it for the first time in college and thinking I would rock my baby to it someday. Now that day is finally here!

Home by Michael Buble - I LOVE Michael Buble and I LOVE this song even more. Its definitely one of my top 5 favorite songs, ever! I love the lyrics "I feel like I am living someone else's life. Its like I just stepped outside when everything was going right." I remember hearing those lyrics at a wedding in the Summer of 2006 and thinking it pretty much summed up how I was feeling. I had a great husband with a great career, a beautiful house and we were about to start trying to start our family. Well, little did I know we were about to embark on the most difficult two years of our lives. Between my having a severe reaction (anxiety attacks and depression) coming off birth control, the difficulty we had getting pregnant and then our miscarriage, it was not an easy few years. We finally feel like we are back on track and everything is going right again!

Remember When by Allen Jackson - I like this song because I like to imagine Rich and I being 60 years old, looking back on our life and feeling the exact way that Allen Jackson describes.

At Last by Etta James - The song that started it all! This was our first dance song at our wedding. I still make Rich dance with me to it every year on our anniversary. Our CD has made it to San Diego, St. Lucia, DC and the North Carolina mountains (all the places we have travelled for our anniversaries). This year, Joseph was only 5 weeks old on our anniversary so we stayed home and danced to it in our living room. We are corny!

We hope everyone enjoys our newly designed blog...and the pretty bow!

3 comments:

Erin said...

this made me sad to remember that i missed your beautiful, bow-filled wedding. the worst thing that i missed due to my mission! (and i missed a lot of big things: graduation, my sister's first baby -- so don't tell her i said i'd have preferred your wedding over that!!!)

Harmony said...

Love the new blog design! "At Last" was our wedding song, too!

mandie lane said...

Love the new look, and the photos are just too precious! Just don't make Joseph wear a bow, mmkay?