Friday, October 10, 2008

We're sorta a big deal...

Yeah, that's right...Joseph and I are kinda a big deal these days. We are soon to be local celebrities. Our neighbor, Kay, works at a very posh toy store here in Charlotte. Every month they advertise in the Junior League of Charlotte magazine. The advertisement includes a picture of a League member and their child at the toy store. Next month, yours truly and her son will be gracing the pages of this magazine.

We had our photo shoot today. As this is a posh store (like every Mom in there is dressed to the nines and of course has the smartest child ever to grace the store with their presence) and it is going in a Junior League publication, I dressed Joseph in his preppiest outfit (a cashmere one piece outfit with an argyle print on top) and actually got myself dolled up for the occasion.

We discovered today that Joseph is pretty much in love with the camera. He smiled and cooed and was thoroughly interested in why so many people were sitting around watching him. We posed in front of a rack of books and I pretended to read to Joseph, although I was really just trying to keep him from eating the book the entire time. At the end, the photographer asked if Joseph had ever done any child modeling before....I guess he is a natural!

So when I say we will be local celebrities, I may sort of be exaggerating. The monthly magazine goes out to about 5,000 league members in Charlotte. Honestly, I spend about 5 minutes flipping through it before it goes in the recycling bin. In the last year I have been receiving it, I have never once noticed there was an ad for this toy store. So I am guessing like 10 people will actually notice me and my kid.

I will try and scan the actual ad when it comes out, but the photographer did e-mail me some of the untouched photos this afternoon, so I have included those.







No comments: