Monday, October 20, 2008

Trip to Kentucky - Part 1

We are back from our trip to Kentucky and I have lots of pictures (and videos!!!) to post. I am going to have to do it in several parts as it would make for one VERY long entry to put everything in one post.

During our time in Kentucky, Joseph had a great time hanging out with all his family. He especially enjoyed his time with Cilla and his only cousin, Kairi. Cilla is Rich's mother. Her full name is Priscilla and since children have a hard time pronouncing that, they have always called her Cilla - which she decided she wanted her grandchildren to call her as well. Joseph and I spent lots of time doing fun things with Cilla and Kairi. Rich's mother watches Kairi during the day, so the four of us spent a lot of time together while the rest of the family worked away! We went and visited the stables where my sister-in-law, Kipling, used to take riding lessons and fed the horses peppermints and carrots. Joseph didn't know quite what to make of these big animals!!!

Joseph also really enjoys swinging on the porch swing with Cilla. Sometimes he and Kairi swung together. In the picture below they are swinging away and Joseph struck his model pose as I took the picture. Note also that I am the lazy mother with my kid still in his PJs, while Kairi's mother (my sister-in-law Devon) actually dressed her child that morning.


Joseph also had his picture taken with Nana (Rich's grandmother on his mom's side) and Kairi for Nana's Christmas cards. Here is a cute one with Joseph laughing. Kairi is 10 months (4 1/2 months older than Joseph) but Joseph is heavier. The first time I picked up Kairi this week, I felt like I was carrying a feather. Joseph is a complete lug compared to her. She is so tiny and petite and sweet! She has a very easy going temperament and just goes with the flow. She loves music - the minute some music comes on, she is kicking her legs and bopping up and down. She is ridiculously cute and I really enjoyed spending so much time with her and getting to know her little personality!We also took some with Nana outside. In this one Joseph suddenly takes an interest in Kairi's face and is touching her mouth. Right after the picture was taken, Kairi took Joseph's thumb near her mouth as an invitation to suck his thumb. He happily obliged and let her suck his thumb for a few seconds.
We also grabbed a couple shots of me with Joseph and with both babies.


On Friday we had a birthday party for my future brother-in-law, Jason (Devon's fiance and Kairi's Daddy). Happy 29th birthday, Jason!

We had birthday cake, but my contribution to the big party was some Obama cookies. My very Republican in-laws actually ate them (and found them delicious!).


While the rest of us enjoyed birthday cake, Kairi dined on some baby food - peas to be exact. Yum!

Well that pretty much sums up the week in Kentucky up to Friday evening. On Friday evening we attended the wedding of Rich's cousin, Lauren. I have some great videos and photos from a very non-sober evening. Stay tuned for "Trip to Kentucky - Part 2" for all the details!
***Note that Part 2 actually appears before Part 1 due to the fact that I uploaded the videos in Part 2 yesterday, so its recognizing the post as being before Part 1.

2 comments:

LaurenHoya said...

Crystal, I love Joseph's toothless grin. He has a great little smile - you must be having a lot of fun with him! I'm glad I'm able to keep up with you on here!

sex hikayeleri, sex videoları, sex oyunları said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.